Thursday, 28 April 2011

Can I see some ID please?

As you might be able to guess from the title of this post my visa arrived today :D they were really good too with timings although I'd make the error of asking for delivery between 8am and 10am and paid dearly in pennies but on the plus side my beautiful visa arrived about 9am this morning so all is well! There has been discussion over the need for ID for the visa and I did need mine although I've heard people say they didn't need there's suppose it just shows that some post men are more strict than others! lol But it's all sorted now and I am in possession of the visa.


I emailed yummy jobs about the preferences for roles and it's now too late to request which makes me a little sad but I guess it is my own fault I should've done the requesting earlier on in the year. It's just been such a crazy year so far with so much going on that role preferences didn't really cross my mind until now when it's too late, but as Kristen from yummy jobs said I will 'love the role' I'm given! I am sure I most certainly will.

I've been wandering around the internet and making little check lists in my mind for things I need to get before June! At the moment the list is growing and it's getting longer, I'll put my list here and finally into words, as keeping it in my mind just keeps meaning that as I'm adding one thing to it another just pops out of my mind! Yes they say brains are like sponges and sieves at the same time, well I'd believe that! 
  • Sun screen
  • Sunglasses that match Disney look
  • Combination padlock
  • After sun
  • Plain watch, all my watches are a little to girly and glittery I think
  • Swim suit
  • Insect repellent
That appears to be all I can remember right now although I know that is not all I need, this list seems deceivingly short! Ahh well I can always add to later, let me know if I missed anything that is so obvious!

So after the short list, which I swear is longer, I am also considering what is the best thing to do about phones whilst I'm away. I have a few choices, I can buy a cheap mobile and sim out there, just buy the sim out or order one here before I go and take my phone, but this option will require me to unlock my mobile. So it's a bit of a mind field, I know you have to pay to call and receives calls in the US so there is no way I'll be taking my UK sim with me despite the fact that it would never work as orange have prohibited the sims use abroad for their own special reasons I'm sure! Ok, sorry, that turned into a little bit of a rant didn't it, oops :/ 

Anyways moving on from the rant, it is the royal wedding tomorrow and another brilliant bank holiday :D so what did Disney do  to coincide with the wedding? They re-release a special version of Cinderella! Whether this was meticulously planned or a shear coincidence I don't know, but either way I think it's probably working to their advantage right now! Other than the news of the royal wedding, the first group of ICP'ers are heading over the pond this weekend! How exciting! Makes me a little jealous as I've still got to wait a while yet but still my time will come :D I wish them all the luck in the world and hope that they do have a 'magical' time out there :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment