Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Hoody times..

Hey there everyone, hope you're all doing well and are on the count down for the ICP now! It is only 103 days until my departure date! Scary times but also exciting times, I really can't believe how fast time is going! I have just been given my exam time table for the summer and luckily all my exams are 2 weeks before I leave so that's good it give me time to actually move out of my uni house before I leave for the sunshine state! This was  a concern because my exams could have ended on June 8th just 2 days prior to departure! So although this means manic revision as there is so little time between now and then it does mean that once I leave the exam hall on May 24th I can officially switch to Disney mode until September! Only 3 months left of 3rd year of uni! Many of my friend will be graduating this year so it's really scary that for me I've got another year of placement  but that they will all be looking for or have real jobs by the time I return to the UK. How fast uni goes....



Benefits of having done the program also mean the return of US tax (paid on wages). I applied for this using turbotax.com in January, got a cheque last week and have now cashed it and have some pretty pennies sitting in my account saying 'spend me! spend me!'! Have to admit it's not my 'first million' but it's a nice pick me up about this time of year when uni seems so real and money's starting to be a squeeze.

On another Disney related note, I ordered my hoody today, finally. It is orange crush colour and I chose to have attractions printed on it instead of operations, simply because it sounds better and who cares about being accurate! Last year's hoody says attractions and I ended up in main entrance operations anyways. But here's to hoping that it will actually mean that I do get a role in attractions this year :D Also as ICP prep I also printed off all of my documents (flight itinery and insurance) and also the onboarding paper work, as Disney like to call it. Basically you print it, read it and sign it. It's really simply, it's about 6 pages long and takes a while to read but it's all legal stuff so do make sure you take a look at it. Also DO NOT staple it, it says use a paper clip, so just a head up if you haven't printed it yet, don't staple it :D



Anyways, with dead lines looming and exams most definitely on the horizon I am back off to the depths of study, speak to you all soon. :D

Have a magical day, guys :D

No comments:

Post a Comment