Friday, 20 July 2012

The Last Trip to Universal and other related articles

Hey there, well here is another exciting update for my blog, lol, just kidding, I'm just updating what's going on in my world right now. So it's been another long week and I am once again (as always) exhausted, but it's been worth it. So on monday before work me Charlie and Sarah went over to try out chic fil a, which I have only had a little of when it was free at work one day last year, it was ok, just chicken I guess, but it was food and it kept me full for work which is always good as I worked until 11.15pm. My EMH shift on sunday was painful because I was stuck with aladdin greeter position pretty much all night, which is the most boring position because you have to stand still for the whole time, so I was bored and tired, not a good mix... but ER was at 2.30am instead of 3am so I got home reasonably which was always good :D

Then tuesday was my first day off, it included the housing event, Christmas in July, which was weird but good, met some disney characters in christmas gear, got free drinks and pizza, met a random girl, played some games and then went over to DHS to hit some attractions. We got quite a bit done although it was pretty busy and the plan to character spot didn't go down too well, it was a good day, lots of fun. We ended it with dinner at the 50's prime time diner, which was another thing on my bucket list, this bucket list is going very well even if I do say so myself... It was good, but I expected more of a show I think, but the food was really good and I got a light up ice cube in my drink so I was happy! In the evening it was over to friends for more chatter and relaxing times.

Wednesday was a very early start with a 7.15am bus to the commons to get over to universal for about 9am.  We then had issues with the annual passes printing, the people I went with were buying there's. But when we finally got in, it was pretty busy, but we had two of the fast pass things to use, we used one for despicable me, which I finally got to go on! It was good, I liked it, was cute, I do love despicable me! However I still think the jimmy newtron attraction was better although not too many kids probably know who he is/was anymore, he was a bit outdated... but the birdy dance was such the best thing ever! who doesn't love that song lol. We also did Harry Potter world and the ride etc, we got frozen butter beer, which is a lot nicer than the non-frozen alternative. We also did the Beetlejuice show (one of my favs), twister, rip ride rockit (didn't lose a hair grip this time), Shrek 4D, Hulk, Doctor dooms fearfall, spiderman, the forbidden journey and dragon challenge. So a good day all in all, but a very long day, we were at the park for 12 hours!

Then it was back to work, very tired and not ready to start my day shifts, I'm already starting to look pretty pink after just two of them and I have them all week which is crazy! I'll survive somehow though! It'll be fine. Some guests are struggling with my accent at the moment too, today a woman had issues with the number 5 but usually it's just the word bird, so for the tiki room some people believe it's a bug or bear show, not a bird show, so they're in for a bit of a shock once they get inside...but all in all work is going well and I still like my role, it's a little tiresome, as there is not too much variation as you never make it through a whole rotation due to breaks, but it's fine. After work it was over to friends for dinner and to hang out, there was a reunion with a friend who'd been away on a mission trip to uganda for two weeks, and new faces to meet too as well as witch cakes...which were yummy, but not sure what they were. It was a good night and then today it was back to work again, for more sunbathing/burning lol, after which I met up with Alix, and we hit cast connection, for some foods, where a woman charged me for 4 pineapples instead of apples, who does that! What would I want with 4 pineapples, I'm only one person! Oh well, got my refund and was on my way. Tonight we then went to Cicis with Ami for some pizza, indulgence and chatter which was a nice end to the day. It's still not exactly late, but I'm tired and in work tomorrow at 7.45 so need to be up and ready super early, so ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment