Monday, 27 August 2012

Downtown Orlando, Vera Bradley and graduation..

Hey hey

It's been a while, I know, I'm sorry, but life has got me carried away and now I'm too busy mourning the end of my second ICP program... Anyways, carrying on where I left off last time, here is a run down of what's been going on in my life. So on August 9th, I went to downtown orlando for the first time, we didn't stay  too long, but it was nicer than I expected, I much preferred it to Miami, if I'm honest. We went there, had lunch at a non-chain greek restaurant which was really nice, but as always servings were massive and I was stuffed! The next plan was to feed the ducks some lettuce, which had been car-baked, however we ran out of time and the lettuce was left unloved. This was then followed by hanging out with friends, listening to the song from music and lyrics known as pop, goes my heart, painting my toe nails a lovely shade of purple, not my finger nails as purple is so not disney look... In the evening it was dinner night, although I was still stuffed, the night held chatter and complaints, there was fun, but it was over quite early and off home I went. Friday I was working but after work I just spent a bit of time hanging out in MK on my own, I'd never done it before and it is weird, being in a park on your own, but it was fine and it was better than coming home and doing nothing at all. Which was what I did saturday and sunday after work lol (washing and then a movie night respectively) however a girl needs to rest sometimes.

Monday the 13th was my next day off, I spent this with Marissa at universal. It was great to see her as I hadn't been able to see her much this summer. We went on lots of rides, including rip ride rockit where we used the hidden playlist and I listened to Madonna, Vogue, by randomly selecting a number, was hilarious. We also saw the horror makeup show, dodged a storm, went on the water slide that I didn't know existed near ET, oh yeah we did ET too, and men in black, and spider man, and dragon challenge, and cat in the hat and carouseusell, and doctor dooms fear fall and the accelertron and the mummy and we ate ben and jerry's ice cream, which I didn't even know you could get there, mmm cinnamon cereal flavour and chocolate nougat flavour was so good, we ate this whilst watcthing the nightime show celebrating universals 100 year anniversary. Lunch was eaten at flannagans (i think) the irish pub/restaurant). It was so good and so cheap really for table service, it's a mix of american and irish food stuffs and you even get soda bread to start with, so I would highly reccomnend it! All in all it was an amazing day!

Tuesday held a new experience for me, I went to a shop called Vera Bradley and bought a new bag, it was the first time I'd been there and I was surrounded by so many pretty bags, I did settle on my favourite pretty quick and no surprises about its colour, it was obviously blue lol due my obsession with the colour...it's a little unhealthy, or borderline. I went there with Trista and we hung out there checking the other shops out too, we had lunch there and starbucks, my first white chocolate mocha (not too impressed) before I went to epcot with Alix in the afternoon, we weren't there too long, but we had fun getting confused why we went to the land for no reason, amazed at the line there was to go on the figment ride and dodging yet another thunderstorm. The evening held community life church over at discovery palms, was a short night, most people left early, but as always was good to be there. Wednesday was a lovely little skype date, potentially the last time my skype was actually working too....

Thursday was my graduation and yes I still had to work it, I even got called in an hour early.. I did manage to swap my shift though, so I finished at 6.30pm instead of 8.15pm, so I got there for the last hour, got my ears, my gift and certificate and even had time to get my picture with mickey and minnie and see work mates. After this we bundled off to MK to watch wishes together, but we all ended up splitting off, so didn't watch it together anyway. Grad was fun, but nowhere near as fun as last grad, bear in mind however that last year I was there from the beginning and I'd actually had the whole day off, we did 3/4 parks, and stayed together the whole day, which was magical in itself. The friday held an early shift followed by a trip to DTD for shopping and relaxing and a spot of dinner at cookes of dublin. It was nice to be there for  a little while considering how much I saw the place last summer!

On Saturday, making the most of life, me, sarah and eilidh went to MK before we all started work, we had fun but as time was limited we didn't get too much done. We were already reminiscing about our program 2 weeks before the end! Sunday held a trip to church, followed by booking flights back to FL from DC, it was challenging to get them but now we can actually get back, that is as long as this hurricane goes away...Monday I worked and then went to an epic girls night filled with revelations and friendship, we even introduced our american friends to el nombre, hilarious! Tuesday I was off and went to DHS and then to epcot with Sarah and Alix, it involved a long line for toy story midway mania, some interesting drawing in animation, some alcoholic coffee in norway and a figment filled adventure, amongst other things. We then went over to community life church and it was our last tuesday there so it was so sad and really hard to leave. Then I ended up going to denny's (my first time) with some friends late at night (got home about 2.45am) but it was fun, there was much banter, youtube videos and just funny times - there were even mean girls quotes..

Wednesday was my last day off and it was a cold, cold day, yet we still went to blizzard beach. That was me, Ami and Manisha, after the time for tea party (where I just missed out on meeting Mr Penguin from Mary Poppins!). We did all the good things, not summit plummit lol, and got freezing on the lazy river thing. We warmed up with hot chocolate after we were all dried off. After this I went to see the Lion King at the Yacht and Beach Club with some friends, it was supposed to be on the beach, but due to the storm, we watched in inside, it was still good :D

Thursday was work, I called home but that was about it. Friday I had a wander down to publix with Rachel, just because, got some nice bread, but tried not to buy much due my imminent removal from vista way :( It was nice to hang out, I followed this with a mini nap before work as I closed at 1.45am, and was tasking from my last break until park close, crazy... Saturday, after an 8.15hr turnaround I did a lovely shift at work, followed by a few hours in MK with Heather and her friend, eating dole whip, riding the carpets, terrorising sarah and seeing the carousel of progress. Then I moved onto Boardwalk for a night at jellyrolls with Alix, Ami and Charlotte, was so good all over again, in fact some of the music was better this time! Ami requested bohemian rhapsody and they played it, it was soo good :D but it meant and still means that I am totally exhausted as the last two days all I have done is work, it's so sad. I did 13 hrs and 15 mins on sunday and 10.5hrs today, it's a lot. Also the tiki room opened its doors for EMH for the first time yesterday, it was so weird it being open so late! But I was obviously at greeter because it was EMH because that's where I always am! Today I started at 11.15am so there wasn't much time to sleep after getting home at 2.30am, so coffee had to keep me going and I'm not sure how I'm awake and still writing this right now, but it needed doing.. and now that leads me to now, this very minute, there are plans for the last few days of my program and for the travelling after but they're not for now, for now good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment